Sat, 23 Mar|
Advanced DIY Skills Weekend
A full weekend to teach you advanced power tools and techniques to expand your DIY skills. You must have been on one of our Beginner DIY Workshops to sign up for this experience. You will make a Scandanavian-style stool using a mixture of Pine and Birch Plywood.
Time & Location
23 Mar 2024, 09:30 – 24 Mar 2024, 17:00
Farsley, 8b Red Mill Lane, Sunny Bank Mills Farsley, Farsley, Pudsey LS28 5UJ, UK
About the Event
This weekend workshop is designed to help you build on your existing DIY skills. Sami will teach you advanced power tools and techniques to expand your DIY skills. You will learn how to use advanced power tools and techniques to construct a stool to take away with you.
Time: 23rd March 9.30 - 17.00 & 24th March 9.30 - 17.00
You will make a Scandanavian-style stool using a mixture of Pine and Birch Plywood.
In this Workshop Course you will learn how to:
- Use natural timber and manufactured board.
- Measure and mark out your timber.
- Use a Chop Saw.
- Laminate and join wood to make a flat board. (useful for chopping board making)
- Use a biscuit jointer.
- Set up and use a Pillar Drill with different drill bits.
- Use different Power Sanders.
- Use a Band Saw.
- Create dowl joints.
- Use a range of Routers
- Sanding Techniques.
- Gluing techniques.
- How to use a laser cutter to personalise your product.
- How to finish your product with Danish oil or wood stains/dyes.
Lunch and refreshments are provided for both days.
You will walk away with a sense of achievement and pride, as well as your own product that you have made yourself.
If you have any questions about this event please call Sami on 0113 426 3619
Advanced DIY Course Ticket£330.00